15 Commonly Held
BIBLE Myths Associated
With the Rapture of the Church and Second Coming of Jesus
(Click on links to see references)
There is a 7-year "tribulation" period prior to the second coming
of Jesus to reign on the earth
[no, there is not one Scripture in the entire Bible
which speaks of a 7-year "tribulation" period; c/p. Tribulation
Verses Wrath and The
Body of Christ in Seven Prophetic Pictures of the Rapture;
see also Rev.
7:13-14, The Book of Revelation in Verse-by-verse Outline].
2. The hinderer of lawlessness or restraining force of 2 Thessalonians 2:6 is the Church or the Holy Spirit [no, see The Hinderer of Lawlessness, 2 Thess.2:6, The Thessalonian Letters in Verse Outline].
The Antichrist comes from Europe [no,
How To Quickly Locate the Antichrist
in Scripture, The Antichrist Revealed].
Revelation, Chapters 2 and 3 represents the "Church age" [no,
the present dispensation is call the dispensation [age] of grace (Eph.
3:2), not the age of the church; besides this, the "Laodocian"
church—the apostate church—will be left on
the earth when the "Philadelphian" church is Raptured, and the age
of grace will continue until Jesus returns to reign on the earth (and...whosoever
shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Acts 2:21)].
9. The Church is in heaven in Revelation, Chapters 4 and 5
[no, see notes on Revelation
4 and 5, The Book of Revelation in Verse-by-verse Outline].
10. In Matthew 23, 24 and 25 Jesus is talking to the Church
[no, this prophetic passage concerns Israel; see Matthew
23-24, Footnotes 1, 2 and 3, The Prophetic Gospels in Verse
10. In Matthew 23, 24 and 25 Jesus is talking to the Church [no, this prophetic passage concerns Israel; see Matthew 23-24, Footnotes 1, 2 and 3, The Prophetic Gospels in Verse Outline].
11. There are 7 raptures in Scripture [Jesus, the Church, the 144,000 (the manchild of Rev. 12:5), the 2 witnesses, Enoch, Elijah, and Paul. No, to be "raptured" means to be snatched out of danger. Only the Church, the 144,000, and the Apostle Paul were or will be raptured (see 1 Thes. 4:17, The Thessalonian Letters in Verse Outline); the the remainder ascended or will ascend to heaven, without the presence of any danger.].
12. The manchild of Revelation 12:5 is Jesus [no, see Rev. 12:5, The Book of Revelation in Verse-by-verse Outline].
13. The war of Revelation 12:7 occurred when Lucifer got kicked out of heaven [no, see Rev. 12:7, The Book of Revelation in Verse-by-verse Outline].
14. The false prophet of Revelation 13:11-17 is the Pope [no, see Endnote #12, The Chronological Revelation].
of these myths are found to be false as you search out the articles on this Web
site. Return to this page often as we will be adding even more links to other
pages on this site to help speed up your study as God increases our revelation
into His Word.]
Walter J. Taylor, Walter James Taylor
© 1997-2009 Walter J. Taylor, Walter James Taylor