God will gather again all of Israel
39:27  When I
[a.] have brought them again
[11.] from the people, and
[b.] [have] gathered them
[11.] out of their enemies' lands, and
[c.] am sanctified in them
[11.] in the sight of many nations;
[a.] that I [am] the LORD their God,
[11.] which caused them to be led into captivity
[aa.] among the heathen:
[12.] but I have gathered them
[aa.] unto their own land, and
[13.] [I] have left none of them any more there.
39:29  Neither will I hide my face
[a.] any more from them [because of the restored temple worship and animal sacrifices]:
[a.] for I have poured out my spirit
[11.] upon the house of Israel,
[aa.] saith the Lord GOD.
1. The Ezekiel battle occurs in the mountains of Israel (Ezek. 38:8, Ezek. 38:11, Ezek. 38:11), not in the valley of Megiddo where Armageddon is fought (Zech. 12:11; Rev. 16:16; Rev. 19:11-21; Joel 3:2,12).
3. Russia was never part of the Roman or Grecian empires and therefore cannot be part of the revised Roman Empire or the revived Grecian Empire of the Antichrist (see Dan. 7:8, Dan. 7:19-20, Dan. 7:23-2, Dan. 8:8, Dan. 8:9, Dan. 8:21-22, Dan. 8:23).
4. Both Russia and Germany (Gomer) must be destroyed as a fighting forces in order for the 10 nation confederacy of revised Rome to be formed, i.e., the 10 horns of Dan. 7:8; Dan. 7:20; Dan. 7:24; Rev. 12:3; Rev. 13:1; Rev. 17:3, Rev. 17:12-13; Rev. 17:16. It is the destruction of these 2 superpowers which forces the realignment of European/Asian nations which gives rise to the 10 horns of revised Rome.
5. The judgment at Armageddon (Zech. 12:4; 14:12,15; Zeph. 1:17; Joel 2-3) is different than the judgment of Ezekiel 38:18-22.
6. All nations are called to Armageddon (Zech. 14:2; Joel 3:2) but only certain specific nations fight in Ezekiel [Meshech and Tubal from the land of Magog; Persia (Iran), Ethiopia, Libya, Gomer (Germany) and Togarmah: with inquiries from Sheba, Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, and his young lions (Ezek. 38:1, Ezek. 38:5-6, Ezek 38:13)]. There is no mention of the kings of the east or the kings of the earth (Rev. 16:12-16).
7. Gog and his armies fall and are buried in the valley of passengers in the mountains of Israel on the east of the sea (Ezek 39:4 , Ezek 39:11). All Israel is east of the Mediterranean Sea (hardly a descriptive reference point). Jordan is immediately east of the Dead Sea, and cannot be called the mountains of Israel. The only remaining sea is the Sea of Galilee, east of which is the Golan Heights of Syria, captured and occupied by Israel since the 1964 six-day war. This is where Gog shall fall!
8. In order for the Antichrist to enter and desecrate the temple in Jerusalem—and break the 7-year treaty of Dan. 9:27 [the last half of both the Antichrist Covenant week and Daniel’s 70th week]—Israel must first return to Jehovah, then re-institute animal sacrifices under the Law of Moses, and rebuild the temple in Jerusalem. It is Israel’s miraculous deliverance in the Ezekiel war that causes the nation to return to Jehovah (Ezek. 39:22), the other two ingredients necessarily following.
9. The day of the Lord is not mentioned (Joel 1:15; Zeph. 1:14-15; Isa. 13:6,9).
© 1997-2009 Walter J. Taylor; Walter James Taylor